Blog Views

Thursday, 24 March 2011

Real Christianity

I am a Christian, or I am supposed to be one. I call myself a Bible Fundamentalist: that is the Bible is my only basis on what I believe about God and Jesus and everything else about Christianity.
Just a note to the readers . . . I am going to have allot of mistakes and grammar faults in my blog but please be patient with me.
So yes where am I now? I would rather ask the question where is God in my life? That is where I am now nowhere! I am sort of in a state of floating waiting for something amazing to happen. This might sound CRAZY but I want God to come and wake me up from this terrible dream!! At this moment I totally hate this life because I know it is so meaningless. It is meaningless because I know that God is the only meaning to anyone in this universe and all of creation.
How do I know that God is not in my life well?
 1John 5:2 By this we know that we love the children of God, whenever we love God and keep His commandments.
I so totally don’t keep His commandments . . . I keep my own. I am such a huge sinner and such a huge hypocrite. Many people that know me (or at least think they know me) think I am a saint and such a good person . . . well I'm not. I want to be this:

“They call us to renounce the world, and differ in every temper and way of life, from the spirit and the way of the world: to renounce all its goods, to fear none of its evils, to reject its joys, and have no value for its happiness: to be as new-born babes, that are born into a new state of things: to live as pilgrims in spiritual watching, in holy fear, and heavenly aspiring after another life: to take up our daily cross, to deny ourselves, to profess the blessedness of mourning, to seek the blessedness of poverty of spirit: to forsake the pride and vanity of riches, to take no thought for the morrow, to live in the profoundest state of humility, to rejoice in worldly sufferings: to reject the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life: to bear injuries, to forgive and bless our enemies, and to love mankind as God loveth them: to give up our whole hearts and affections to God, and strive to enter through the strait gate into a life of eternal glory.

This is the common devotion which our blessed Saviour taught, in order to make
it the common life of all Christians.” – From A serious Call to a Devout and Holy life by William Law.
So I’ll post again now . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment